Who doesn’t love quick and healthy chicken tenders without all the additives or frying?! I would assume no one… that is why I am expecting lots of comments on this post What’s a better weeknight dinner than chicken tenders? These are another of my favorite quick weeknight (or lazy weekend) meals. These puppies only taking about 25 minutes to prepare and requiring only a few ingredients you probably already have in your refrigerator and cabinet.
I originally started making these a few years ago right after I moved in with Nick, trying to combine his love for freezer isle foods and take out with my love for healthy and homemade. They were an instant hit in our house and have graced our table more times than I can remember.
It has been quite a while since my last post. Sorry for the delays lately. I have been doing some background work and hopefully you will see some really fun changes soon In other news I was recently featured on Yummly and received the Yummly certification. They featured my margarita pops in a recent post about Cinco de Mayo goodies… check it out here: http://www.yummly.com/blog/2012/05/10-marvelous-margaritas-for-cinco-de-mayo/.
Chicken Tenders Recipe
yields 4 servings
1 lbs chicken tenders or chicken breasts cut into strips
1/4 cup flour
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. cayenne pepper
1/4 t. garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup skim milk
1 t. hot sauce
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
olive oil cooking spray
1) Wash the chicken and trim away any excess fat.
2) Mix flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder on a plate or in a bowl. Pour the breadcrumbs onto a large plate.
3) Beat the egg along with the milk and hot sauce in a bowl.
4) Place a large pan over medium high heat.
5) Dip the chicken strips into the flour, then the liquid, then the breadcrumbs. Be sure the strips are completely coated with each before moving onto the next step.
6) Thoroughly spray each strip with the olive oil until well coated and place in the heated pan for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Need a delicious sauce to dip them in? Try the sauce in the pictures above. It’s my homemade spicy honey mustard. Using just three ingredients you already have you will never want to dip them in anything else!