Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
yields 2 loaves or 24 cupcakes
2/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. honey
2/3 c. unsweetened applesuace
1 T. vanilla extract
1/3 c. canola oil
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. cake flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 c. chocolate chips + 1 handful chocolate chips for topping (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two loaf pans or 2-12 cup muffin tins.
2) Combine the sugars, honey, applesauce, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a bowl and whisk together until well combined.
3) Add the flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to the mixture and stir until there are very few clumps.
4) Fold in the shredded zucchini and the chocolate chips.
5) Divide the batter evenly between 2 loaf pans or 2-12 cup muffin tins. (or one of each!). Sprinkle the tops of the batter with a handful or so of chocolate chips for extra chocolatelyness.
6) Bake at 350 (muffins for 16-18 minutes or loaves for 30-45 minutes). Check for doneness by inserting a small toothpick into the center. When the toothpick comes out with just small crumbs attached you are done. (Note that if it comes out covered in only melted chocolate and no better that means it is done too… and also that you stabbed a chocolate chip… how rude!).
If you love quick breads then check out my peanut butter cup banana bread . Less healthy… but very delicious 😉