Hopefully that video helps you make the perfect summer dessert at home. Let me know what you think of the video – I’m trying to decide if I should make more of them. If you know anyone at Food Network email them the videos and tell them I would make an awesome celebrity chef
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake Recipe
yields 1 cake
7 T. butter, softened
1/4 t. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 2 egg yolks
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c. flour
1 quart vanilla bean ice cream
16 oz strawberries, sliced
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
2) Cream the butter and salt together until creamy, slowly pour in the sugar and continue to cream until soft and fluffy (this usually takes at least 3-4 minutes).
3) Add the eggs one at a time and the vanilla. Scrap the bowl to ensure everything is mixed evenly.
4) Fold in the flour and pour into the greased cake pan. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Remove from the oven and while the cake is cooling add the sliced strawberries, sugar, salt, and vanilla into a bowl and mix to combine. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow the juices of the strawberries to come out. Set out the ice cream about 10 minutes before you want to assemble the cake so the ice cream is easy to spread.
6) When the cake is cooled spread the ice cream on top. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set up. Remove from the freezer, slice, and dress with the strawberry mixture and whipped cream if you like!
Other recipes you may like:
|Strawberry Rhubarb Pie|
|Bourbon caramel and dark chocolate
tart with sea salt